Friday, November 28, 2008

Top Ten Thanksgiving Moments

10. Making Gooey Butter Cake with all of my helpers while Harrison thought he was sneaking potato chips. Each time Harrison came into the kitchen to grab a handful he would give me a hug and tell me he loved me. Then when his belly was full he said, "This is a special day." (To Harrison there's nothing better than gorging on carbohydrates and not getting in trouble.)

9. John and I were making dinner and talking about some of the fun dates we've had. We mentioned one of our all time favorites which was going to an Aerosmith concert when I was pregnant with Ethan. Ethan, who hears and sees all, pipes up and says, "Mom, that's why I'm naughty; because I've been to a rock concert and I'm only 6 years old."

8. Playing games after dinner in front of the fireplace and stopping to watch Sammie have a bad doggie dream that made her bare her teeth and growl.

7. Harrison asking "What are we having for dinner?" and me replying, "What do you think we're have for dinner on Thanksgiving?" His answer; “Hotdogs?”

6. Ethan and Anna setting the "picnic" Thanksgiving table with their blankies as tablecloths. Shortly before we were to eat Ethan figured out that he didn't want food spilled on his blankies so they quickly disappeared from the table.

5. Watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade with the kids. The house smelled delicious; Christmas was in the air; the kids weren’t fighting; and then The Rockettes stood in their famous kick line (this always brings a tear to my eye) and when they parted there stood Santa Claus. I swear you could see the sparkles light up the kids eyes. If that’s not the definition of BELIEVE then I don’t know what is!

4. A knock on the door and our Elf On The Shelf showing up on the doorstep. The kids named him Manny. If you don't have an Elf On The Shelf you must visit their website at http://www.elfontheshelf.com/#/home We can already see a change in the naughtiest of our three kiddos. I'll let you decide who that is. :)

3. Harrison excusing himself from the table so that he could show us a trick that he "learned in the circus." (He ran from the end of the hall into the family room and did a side roll into the Christmas tree.)

2. Asking Ethan what he wants to drink with his dinner. His answer: "Wine!"

1. Anna saying grace: "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America . . ."

1 comment:

Laura said...

Love the blog Carrie! This is my new favorite thing (other than my newborn, Annie.) Sharing in people's lives through their blogs has been a sweet blessing in my life!

Harrison Charles

Harrison Charles
"Promise me you'll always remember . . . You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think" said Christopher Robin.

Anna Olivia

Anna Olivia
"I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean. Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens. Give the Heavens above more than just a passing glance, and when you get the choice to sit it out or dance . . . I hope you dance."

Ethan Paul

Ethan Paul
There are only two kinds of boys: dirty and not yet dirty!